Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Nook of My Dreams

I should probably begin this post by telling you I'm like "the little old lady who lives in a shoe." Thankfully, I do not have so many children I don't know what to do and, hopefully, I'm not considered a "little old lady" yet. Then again, I do get a lot of "yes ma'ams and no ma'ams" from people who make me feel much older than I am. But I digress ...

Most days I do feel as if I live in a shoe since my house is very small and extra space is more of an illusive dream than a reality. I've tried rearranging and even getting rid of unnecessary items, but I still can't seem to find extra space. Then I discovered some fascinating ideas on Pinterest.

Reading is my favorite pastime and one of the things I would love to have is a private reading nook. Hmm ... How does one fit a reading nook in a shoe?
Believe it or not, I think there actually might be a way. Take a look at these great ideas. My favorite is the closet (that's the green one above). Even my shoe has a closet, so that is a definite possibility. I've seen some nooks built under a staircase, some built into a window sill and some children's book nooks built as a loft inside a small closet. The possibilities are endless...

Picture it ... one of these cozy little nooks, a fabulous can't-put-it-down book and you. Can life get any better than this?

I think not. So, the question is ... where do you like to read? Do you have a cozy little nook or do you just grab some precious reading time anywhere and anytime you can?
______________________________

Tamelia Tumlin has worked with several online publishers, but is now writing exclusively for Steel Magnolia Press. Juggling motherhood, teaching and writing is a challenge, but one she welcomes to pursue her passion. Her romance novels range from sweet and sassy to dark and dangerous. Look for her novella, A Dragon's Seduction, out this month!
______________________________

No comments: