Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolution Solution


It sometimes seems New Year’s resolutions, like promises, are made to be broken. Good intentions are eternal, however, so I solemnly set mine down each year. I've come to think the secret for success may lie in making fewer resolutions and, especially, going public with them. With that in mind, here is my half-dozen for 2013.

I resolve to:

1.       To spend more time with family and friends. (If they can fit me into their schedules.)

2.       To clear my home of what I don’t love or doesn't make me happy. (Will anything be left?)

3.       To concentrate on healthy eating and exercise. (In between Valentine candy, birthday and Mother's Day outings, Easter dinner, 4th of July cookout, family reunion fish fry, vacation indulgences, Halloween candy, Thanksgiving and Christmas....) 

4.       To work less and relax more. (After I finish the book in progress, of course.)

5.       To make time for hobbies I enjoy. (If I can find all their bits and pieces.)

6.       To reward myself for whatever I accomplish. (Wanna bet I keep this one?)


We'll see if life and the usual excuses will let me to do better this year!

What about you? Made any resolutions you might or might not keep?
 ______________________________

Since publishing her first book at age 27, New York Times bestselling and award-winning author Jennifer Blake has gone on to write over 65 historical and contemporary novels in multiple genres. She brings the story-telling power and seductive passion of the South to her stories, reflecting her 8th-generation Louisiana heritage. Jennifer lives with her husband in northern Louisiana.
______________________________

No comments: